Saturday 16 May 2015

Septum piercing 101.

How much did it hurt
I myself probably have the lowest pain tolerance of anyone you've ever met, i mean i threw up after getting my lobes pierced, so if i can get this piercing anyone can. However i would probably say the pain is a 6/10 only hurting about the same as the lobe piercing for me. I don't really know how to describe the pain apart from saying it is very different to the other piercings i have on my ears. It wasn't exactly an aching pain but i wouldn't say it was a stinging pain either, you can kind of just feel the needle to whole entire time and they have to go slower rather than just pushing it through like ear piercing to make sure they get it exactly right. The most painful part of the actual piercing was definitely when they were pulling the needle out and threading the jewelry through, weirdly enough, even though my piercer assured me after the needle was in there would be no more pain :((( The most painful part however is the 2 or so days afterwards.

How did they do it
They pierce whats called the sweet spot inside your nose which you  should be able to feel, its the softer skin part in between the cartilage, so they just place a clamp in your nose over that spot, which a ton of people said was the most painful part but honestly i didnt even feel that at all. Thy then slowly slide the needle through and then pull the earing through.

Healing process
The first 2 days are the worst, where the slightest touch to your noise will hurt like a motherfucker. The feeling i would say is similar to having a bruised nose after being punched in the nose (Don't ask how i know what the feels like, that's a whole other story...) After that its only sensitive for about a week whenever you try to move it or anything. I would say its stops hurting after that week. My piercer told me i could change it after 2 weeks, however i have heard a lot that the healing process should be 6 weeks so to be safe i waited 6 weeks to change mine.

Aftercare
I got given some rock salt solution to just mix with warm water and put on my piercing everyday but tbh i only used that for probably not even a week and mine healed absolutely fine.

Changing the jewelry
I got mine pierced with a horseshoe ring, which is what piercers always use to pierce the septum with. However mine was black and to small for my nose as i don't have nostrils that are higher up on the sides, As you can see in these pictures...



so the ring was barely visible, so i changed mine myself to a bigger silver ring 6 weeks later.
I had hardly any problem changing it getting it in and out of the hole was fine, the worst part was probably getting the balls on and off cause they are so damn small.
Anyways this is me post the balls dilemma... mind the awkward selfie posing lel




Why did you get it pierced
I get this question so so sooo much, it's ridiculous and the simple answer is that i got it because i wanted too. Because i really like the way it looks and also i really crave change and to stand out, and i know i know the septum piercing has come in style now which is annoying af but whatever, i'm just gonna keep telling myself i started the trend ;) And plus i reckon it makes me look pretty badass hahahaha

Is it easy to hide
It's super dooper easy to hide, probably the easiest to hide, which i'm pretty sure most people know as you can just flip it right up into your nose and bam its gone.

Dealing with the hate 
I got quite a bit of hate when i first got it because it wasn't so in fashion and people just weren't used to it on me. But now i hardly experience any hate about it, apart from the occasional cow joke but what are you gonna do. You just gotta tell yourself you look fab af and people cant mess with you now cause the septum makes you look tough as hella

No comments:

Post a Comment